We hope you are keeping safe and well during these unprecedented times.
If you have just started using Reading Plus at home (or you are thinking of how to utilise the program more effectively), we would like to share with you some back-to-basics tips for maximising initial uptake and monitoring usage.
Best practice: the basics of logging into Reading Plus as a pupil
- Make sure every pupil knows their own username and password. You can print or download a Student Usernames & Passwords report through Quick Links on your Home page from your Reading Plus Educator Login (see below). If you are unsure where to find the report, we have a simple online guide accessible through this link.
- As well as a username and password, pupils will need your school’s site code (the site code ensures that pupils are logging into the correct account). If you are not aware of your school’s site code, you can find this by clicking on manage from the Home page.
- You can download personalised parent letters with pre-populated individualised pupil usernames and passwords (plus the site code). Letters can be sent to parents as a pdf attachment to an email/text or letter.
- Many schools also choose to add a copy of the parental letter to their websites or e-learning portal. A downloadable copy of the Reading Plus Generic Parent Letter can be accessed through this link.
- For extra support on home usage, guide parents to our Home Learning Resources for Parents and Pupils web page. Here they will find videos explaining how Reading Plus works together with the assignments that their children will complete.
Monitoring what pupils are doing
As a teacher, you can login to your Reading Plus Educator site at any time to monitor usage and progress, as well as send pupils messages and manage settings.
Go to the Reading Plus Educator site
- Username – typically your email address.
- Password – you would have set this up yourself (if you have forgotten your password, click here to reset).
Access our online ‘Home Learning Resources for Teachers’
For more useful best practice guides including videos, please see https://readingsolutionsuk.co.uk/resource-category/home-learning/
- Successful Monitoring at Home – see which pupils are logging in and what assignments they have completed.
- Messaging Pupils – detailing how to send messages of encouragement and guidance.
- Understanding Pupil Holds and Alerts – identify pupils who may be struggling as well as those that are performing well and advancing levels.
Finally, remember there is also the Guide Me button on the educator site for quick FAQs.
Our dedicated UK Support Team are also on hand to answer any of your queries. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Best of luck!
UK Support Team
T: 0191 389 6078
Reading Solutions UK Limited – UK Reseller for Reading Plus®
Visit our website: http://www.readingsolutionsuk.com
We are now on twitter! Follow us @Readsolutionsuk
Any views expressed in this e-mail message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reading Solutions UK Ltd. This e-mail message and any attachment is intended only for and is confidential to the addressee. If you are neither the addressee nor an authorised recipient from the addressee please notify us of receipt, delete this message from your computer system, and do not use, copy or disseminate the information in or attached to it in any way. We do not accept liability to any person other than the addressee arising from such a person acting or refraining from acting on such information. Our messages are checked for viruses, but please note that we do not accept liability for any viruses which may be transmitted in or with this message. You should note that any quotation and the contents of this email and its attachments do not constitute a binding contract between us for the provision of products and/or services. A binding contract does not come into force until a quotation is accepted by you, following which a contract will exist on the basis of the Terms of Service and Software as a Service Subscription Agreement. Further documentation on GDPR compliance can be found here. Any quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.